To give excellence to the setting and management of the finances and budget of the church ministries, including staff compensation and overall policies
PERSONNEL: A chairman from the main board, at least two or three others from that board; the chair of that board and the senior pastor ex-officio; one or two other adjunct members approved by the board and skilled in heart (love for Christ and the church) and hand (in financial matters.
- Propose the overall budget to the main board of the church after input from program staff through the staff leadership team; and after assessment of the trends and capabilities of the church and vision for the next year.
- Assess the methods of principles and procedures of all the financial management and recordings of the church.
- Assess and give careful detail-protection to each monthly report and make recommendations on it to the main board each month. Do the detail work on behalf of the board.
- Make policies about perks for staff, policies for reimbursements, and guidelines for financial arrangements with outside vendors or ministry people.
- Set salaries for all staff according to the “steps for setting salaries in the church.”
- Lead the annual review of the senior pastor before setting his annual salary and benefits without his being present.
- Set salaries for senior staff with the input of the senior pastor.
- Set a percentage increase or guideline for the senior leaders of staff to set the salaries or wages of others on church staff.