A preliminary proposal for an administrative and ministry assistant in a church of 200-500
Report to: Pastor
Time: Four days a week, five weeks off without pay at agreed-upon times; two weeks with pay on top of that.
Wages: ______ per month.
Benefits: None are included.
- Manage the flow of work and recruit volunteers where possible for the weekly publications, meetings, and records of the church.
- Keep the pastor’s schedule and assist him to be ready for meetings and boards and appointments. Be responsible for printed agendas for any board or committee meetings where he has responsibility.
- Be the “point person” on staff responsible for the ongoing areas of assimilation, building-use schedule, volunteers, special events, and women’s.
- Work with the volunteers in these areas to help with with the vision of excellence for these ministries, and to have them do much of the administrative work.
- Keep our website up to date, working with someone who manages the technical and the details.
- Be responsible for the good record-keeping of the church.
- Be responsible and give excellence to the communications systems of the church, keeping and assuring a good mood of joy and grace in the telephone connections and a short weekly email to all the church.
- Assist in any other ways as needed.
- Generally bring good cheer and grace to any part of the church ministries and staff responsibilities.