Why do we make it hard
- Because it is. We learned very little about it in school, and very few of us had strong leaders who deliberately built skills and desires into our lives. And we do not get much time to travel together like Paul did with Timothy or Titus.
- We use books too much. A lot of them make it complicated.
- Maybe we should just have two subjects to impart: character and church. CE National has discussion guides from Bible verses on these two subjects, by the way.
- We forget it is just TLC – time with men in a group of 4 to 6 others, Love shown and said, and Content of the scripture that hits the heart.
- We do not ask ourselves and all staff to lead a group of 4 to 6 others to develop in character strength and church leadership.
Continue reading “Leadership Development”
Most of us love the preaching responsibility, and many the shepherding responsibility. These are two of the main circles of responsibility of a pastor, and the third is that of leading.
There are many resources available to help us be more accurate in preparing to preach the Word. And while some shepherding is just plain about showing righteous love, there are many clues from the experience of others that can benefit us.
But the main issues addressed here on this site are about leading (and changing) the church that has been here for a while. Here on earth.
I hope the proven ideas and the suggestions help. Consider them, please.
I would be glad to answer questions about any of them, or to tell why I think they are better than many traditions I have seen. Please take a look!